Oliver Field Associates offers an extensive range of services that include:
For those landlords who only require us to locate suitable tenants for their property, subject to approved references under the Optimum Service provided by the referencing company Homelet. Unless agreed otherwise, OFA will
- Negotiate the terms of the tenancy for the property on your behalf on the basis of our standard tenancy agreement.
- Collect one or more month’s rent in advance from the tenant at the commencement of the tenancy.
- Provide tenants with the landlord’s account details in order to arrange payments for all future rental payments.
Lettings & Management
For those landlords who are abroad or not in the position to oversee the day to day management of their property, OFA will:
- Arrange and co-ordinate the tenants occupation and vacation of the property. The tenants will be accompanied by a member of a third party independent company who will complete the check-in and inventory make and the checkout –associated fees apply, please see property details for clarification.
- Notify the local authority to update them in regard the responsible person for council tax purposes.
- Advise tenants to switch all services (electricity, gas, telephone and water if applicable) to their name at the commencement of their agreement for the period of their tenancy. Oliver Field cannot accept responsibility if services are disconnected or not transferred by the utility companies.
- Undertake property inspections every 12 weeks, by pre-appointment and report back to the landlord on the condition of the property, including any property maintenance or management issues, with suggestions for action as required.
- Liaise with appropriate qualified contractors to effect any necessary repairs or redecoration following approval by the landlord, except in cases where urgent action is required.
- Pay current outgoings such as rent, service charges and/or maintenance charges and account to you regularly.
- Deposit Protection – OFA will collect a deposit from the tenant to safeguard against costs for damages. At the end of the tenancy, OFA will arrange the tenant check-out, the inventory checkout report will then be forwarded to the landlord and tenant for action and costing of any work deemed attributed to the tenant. We will then arrange the refund or apportionment of the deposit as agreed by both the landlord and tenant in writing.
- Property Inventory Report – OFA recommends landlords have a full independent inventory report undertaken prior to any tenant taking occupation of their property. OFA will arrange for the tenant to be present at the check-in (if they so choose) and that both parties agree the condition of the property. The independent inventory clerk will attend the property at the end of the tenancy and check the original inventory against any damages that may have been caused during the tenancy. The checkout report is the document that will support any deductions to be apportioned from the deposit.
- Renewals – OFA will contact tenants two months prior to the end of their tenancy to establish if they wish to continue their tenancy and will negotiate the extension or renewal of the tenancy including any mutually agreed rent increases and prepare the necessary documentation. We will prepare the extension documentation that includes drafting any amendments and additional clauses agreed between parties which vary from the terms of the original tenancy agreement. We will also ensure extension documents are signed prior to the start date of the new term of the tenancy and forward the signed documentation to the relevant party.